are specific solutions to hearing loss: diagnosis, properly fitted
hearing aids when needed, and improving listening and communication skills.
What are typical signs of a Hearing Loss?
- Difficulty with conversations, especially in noisy places.
- Turning the volume of the TV too loud for others.
- Feeling isolated.
What is the first step in treatment of a hearing problem?
- A comprehensive hearing evaluation by a
If there is a permanent hearing loss, what can be-done to help?
- A properly fitted hearing aid can amplify weak and distorted sounds to improve hearing ability.
- A hearing aid may fit in the ear, or, behind the ear.
- The best hearing aids are digitally programmable
units, which are individually adjusted for optimum speech understanding.
Why go to an audiologist for hearing aids?
- An audiologist has graduate university degrees and national certification.
- Uses advanced, computerized measurement procedures.
- Dispenses the majority of hearing aids.
- Is dedicated to overcoming hearing loss through
education and follow-up care.
Would you like to learn more?
Ph.D., for an appointment at 949-857-6051.